Design includes a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame
ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically placed controls
Engine is smooth and powerful V-twin design with features for reliability and long life
A 25-hp (18.6-kW) V-twin engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
Cyclonic air-management system removes larger particles of dirt before they reach the air filter for reduced filter maintenance and longer engine life:
- Cyclonic design ejects large dirt particles before they make contact with the filter.
- Large, high-quality dry-type paper element air filter thoroughly cleans engine intake air.
- The air filter is easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
Full-pressure lubrication system provides plenty of oil to the engines moving parts to ensure reliable operation and long life:
- Replaceable oil filter keeps the oil cleaner for a longer engine life.
- Extends the time between oil changes
- Full-pressure lubrication is more effective when operating on an incline.
No-tools oil-drain cap with hose and oil filter drip tray are provided for easy, no-mess maintenance.
John Deere recommends the use of fuel stabilizer in gasoline. See Fuel-Protect for gasoline engines (8 oz) for more information.
Operator station is designed for comfort and convenience
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience in operating all controls:
- Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Controls are color coded for easy identification.
- Twin-lever motion-control levers adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
- Shock absorbers dampen control movements to give smooth operation.
Comfortable seats with two suspension springs and no-tools fore-aft seat adjustment, that can be used by the operator while seated:
- Z525E – Medium-back, 15-in. (38-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 3-in. (7.6-cm) fore-aft adjustment
- Z535M – High-back, 18-in. (45.7-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 3-in. (7.6-cm) fore-aft adjustment
- Z540M – High-back, 18-in. (45.7-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 3-in. (7.6-cm) fore-aft adjustment
- Z535R – High-back, 20-in. (50.8-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 4.5-in. (11.4-cm) fore-aft adjustment
- Z540R – High-back, 20-in. (50.8-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 4.5-in. (11.4-cm) fore-aft adjustment
Two steel springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas to provide a smoother ride.
The commercial-style steel footrest flips up to provide easy access for servicing the mower deck:
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower drive
Conveniently located fuel-sight window allows operator to see fuel level
A convenient fuel-sight window is located where it is easy for the operator to see:
- Semi-clear material makes seeing how much fuel is in the tank quick and easy.
- Large, 3-in. (7.6-cm) fuel-fill opening reduces the chance of spilling when adding fuel.
- Fuel-fill opening is low and angled to make adding fuel easy.
- Cap is tethered to the fuel tank.
- Less chance of fuel cap getting lost
Serviceability is designed-in for convenience
A convenient service interval decal provides basic maintenance information. It provides a quick-reference for keeping recommended service up to date.
The footrest area is hinged and easily raised for service to mower deck:
The engines are easy to service, including changing the oil and the oil filter and servicing the air filter.
Accel Deep™ Mower Decks have several features that make them easy to service:
- Flat-top design minimizes places for debris to collect.
- Spring-loaded, flip-up belt guards make removing debris easy.
- Provision is provided for a standard, 3/8-in. (9.5-mm) ratchet wrench to be used for releasing belt tension when removing the drive belt.
Tie-down locations are provided for convenience and safety when trailering the machine.
The 48-in. (122-cm) Accel Deep™ (48A) Mower Deck cuts clean and is versatile
The 54-in. (138-cm) Accel Deep™ (54A) Mower Deck cuts clean and is versatile
The Edge™ Cutting System 62-in. (157-cm) Mower Deck can take on the biggest mowing jobs